Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

{ What I MAde ~ Diy Washi Tape, Sept 2013 }

{ What I MAde ~ Diy Washi Tape, Sept 2013 }
I came across youtube videos by Jennibellie and The Artistic Pagan on making washi tapes. I followed the instructions by The Artistic Pagan to create my first set of tapes. (Click to see her videos for detailed instructions.) I'm going to test them out and will make adjustment on them for the second set later on.
Minor changes:
  • I used adhesive tape for bandages from Daiso instead of masking tape since the ones carried by my local store are of such poor qualities. I will look for a better on from other stores after I used up this roll. 
  • I used transparent watercolours and did have to do a few layers for them to get onto the tapes due to the  material. I don't think it will be an issue if you use real masking tape.
  • I used Stazon (white and black cherry) since I lost my black stamp pad.
  • I really need to make smaller stamps to make my washi tapes in the future. I don't really have a lot of small pattern stamps around.
  • I didn't apply any "seal" onto the finished tapes will see if the colours will come off after a while.
Have fun and enjoy! :D

P.S. I tried to use the above washi tapes, please DO NOT use the Daiso bandage adhesive tape, not sticky at all after I rolled them on my plastic sheet! I used glue to stick the tape onto paper. Also use something to seal the colours if you want to try watercolour.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment