Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

{ What I MAde # 20 - Christmas Journal }

What I MAde # 20 - Christmas Journal & Envelope. 
  1. The Journal Part: I use the hard covers and paper from a Muji sketchbook.
  2. Cut wrapping paper into the right size and leave around 1-2cm margin on each side. Cut the four corners as well.
  3. Glue the paper on the front and fold the four sides onto the back of the cardboard. Cut another piece of paper to cover the back side.   
  4. Decorate the front with labels, pictures, or masking tape. I got this beautiful roll of MT for a long time and finally decided to use it. (It has pictures of wax seals on it!!! :D)
  5. Do the same for the back cover of the journal. Punch holes on the cardboard since I will put the whole journal inside my leather binder. 
  6. The Envelope: Cut open an envelope as a template. Moderate the size to fit the journal. 
  7. Cut, fold and glue the paper to form an envelope. Make sure to use thick craft paper so it would not bend easily.
  8. Decorate it anyway you like!
I'm going to use this as a Christmas journal and a sketchbook. The envelope will be used to collect all the beautiful shop leaflet, other bits and pieces during Christmas. Now I have to go sketch up some Christmas decoration ideas. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your process. I've always loved these handmade journals and even received one as a give once. Very creative. Terahs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely journals ~ so magical for presents ~~ thanks, namaste, Carol (A Creative Harbor) and (Share the Creative Journey)CED

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely journals and thanks for sharing the how to as well .... I am going to make some journals in the new year and just hope they are as lovely as these...xx

    ReplyDelete